Microsoft Excel 2013 is spreadsheet and database software that belongs to the famous MS Office production suite. It presents new features as well as several enhancements, that can be distributed into three different groups: interface redesign, new data introduction capabilities, and integration of social networks and SkyDrive.
One of the greatest problems with this Office tool was its difficulty of use. The user's learning curve was slow and sometimes needed to be complemented with tutorials. Microsoft Excel 2013 has thought of this for beginners, providing functions like Recommended Charts, Recommended Pivot Tables and Quick Analysis, in order to make complex tasks easier to perform.
What’s new in this version?
Among the novelties with Microsoft Excel 2013, we should remark on the new Flash Fill tool. This is a data assistant oriented to saving the user time as it learns and recognizes your typing patterns and auto-completes the remaining data for you. It anticipates data and formatting requirements, the only thing you must do to accept its suggested entry is press Enter. The best point of this feature is that it does not require extra formulae or additional macros to be installed. Also, one of the most appreciated functions of this software is the ability to have each workbook in a separate window, which allows working with two or more at once, and is really useful when you work on two monitors too.
Flash Fill tool learns, recognizes and auto-completes data taking into account your typing patterns
With the Recommended Pivot Table you can carry out complex analyses in just a few seconds. The software will summarize data with previews of several pivot-table options, allowing you to compare them and select the one you like most. Thanks to Recommended Charts you can choose the chart that best illustrates and fits your data. You can customize the title, layout or other elements by using Chat Formatting Control. Similarly, with Quick Analysis you can perform certain activities like changing cells formatting, or perform mathematical operations just by pressing a button.
All your projects are automatically saved online on SkyDrive or SharePoint. You can enable access for other people just by sending them a link to the file, and usefully this is a default feature you can disable if you do not feel comfortable with it. If you want to get some feedback, you can also share your spreadsheets on the web by posting them on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn or Flickr. Present Online functionality allows real-time collaboration on workbooks with other people, just by sharing your screen in Lync meetings or conversations.
Microsoft Excel 2013 15.0.4420.1017 Features
The unique features of Microsoft Excel 2013 are as follows:
- One window for each workbook in order to improve workflow
- Recommended Charts and Recommended Pivot Table makes it possible to choose the elements that best suit your data
- Interface redesign, inheriting Windows 8 visual style
- Quick Analysis to provide a faster access to some activities, including mathematical operations
- Flash Fill learns, recognizes and auto-completes data taking into account your typing behavior
- Present Online to boost real time collaboration on spreadsheets
- Possibility of sharing projects in social networks and integration of SkyDrive and SharePoint services
- Drill Down, Drill Up, and Cross Drill allow you to obtain different levels of detail
- Possibility of creating relationships between tables and including timelines to show different periods
- Richer data labels and animations for charts
- Great range of free templates available to download
If you want to read more information about this Office application before you download it, feel free to visit the developer’s site.
The minimum system requirements to correctly download and install Microsoft Excel 2013 are:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 or later
- Processor: 1GHz or faster
- RAM Memory: 1GB for 32-bit and 2GB for 64-bit
- HDD: 3GB of free space available
Enjoy working with your numerical records and entries by using the new Microsoft Excel 2013
By Jackson Asumbi
On Monday, April 13, 2015
Since its inception in close to three decades now MS Office has continued to be improved. Microsoft which developed this suite has added more enhancements in to the Microsoft Excel 2013. Unlike older versions of this spreadsheet and database software, Microsoft Excel 2013 has just established itself as the best spreadsheet software ever to be made.
Microsoft Excel 2013 comes with more advancement in three major areas including the interface redesigning, data introduction capabilities and the integration of social networks and sky drive. The interface redesign has made this software very easy to use even for beginners and it comes with some tools to helps starters understand and work easily with and which include charts and pivot tables
This software comes with a new flash fill tool which is very important since it helps save time while entering data. The recommended pivot table is another new feature which is very usable in analyzing complex data.
- • It is very easy to use even for beginners
- • It is very time saving
- • More and improved enhancements makes it a superior tool for data handling
- • Only supported with Window OS
- • Requires a lot of memory space